Assistant Director, Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning, George Mason University, 2018-present.
Responsibilities include development, implementation and assessment of faculty development programs to enhance faculty participation in innovative, high-impact teaching opportunities such as active learning in large classrooms and blended learning; liaise with Mason Impact, a university-wide initiative that prepares students to tackle global questions and challenges and collaboration with stakeholders in learning environments.
Director, Office of Student Research and Quality Enhancement Plan, Longwood University, 2015-2018.
Responsibilities include management of day-to-day operations including budget; administration of faculty development programs co-curricular faculty-student programs; development and implementation of selection process for student funding and research programs; collaboration with diverse units on campus and coordination of assessment for Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) for reaccreditation.
- Organized Spring Presentation of Undergraduate Research (SPUR), a university-wide, all-digital presentation event for student research day with representation from all colleges that resulted in 3,695 views of student projects
- Developed and implemented Collegiate Undergraduate Research and Inquiry Opportunities (CURIO), a spring research program with a summer option that includes students from STEM, social sciences, arts, humanities and education and results in the publication of undergraduate research
- Developed and implemented Collaborative Interdisciplinary Tutorials for Employment (CITE) Research Program with the Office of Citizen Leadership and Social Justice, a program where students engage in collaborative research to develop practical skills that they can leverage as they seek employment
- Partnered with the Office of Institutional Research, the Center for Faculty Enrichment and Greenwood Library to offer faculty development workshops on best practices in instructional design and strategies for teaching research
“Using Technology to Leverage the Dissemination of Student Research.” Presentation at the 2017 Partnering for Progress Conference, Virginia Commonwealth University, October, 2017.
“Beyond the Classroom: Undergraduate Research and Digital Humanities.” Presentation at CUR 2016 Biennial Conference, Tampa FL, June, 2016.
Academic Diversity Fellow, Elon University, 2010-2014.
Responsibilities included the administration of faculty development programs and student professional development workshops, development of curricular resources and individual consultation for faculty on the infusion of diversity into individual courses
- Co-administered Diversity Infusion Project, which supported new and redesigned courses infused diversity with the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning. Over three years, the program served a total of 60 faculty from 15 departments.
- Co-developed a searchable database for diversity-related courses from all disciplines with Instructional Technology.
- Administered a diversity course inventory for departments in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Developed Diverse Pedagogies Workshops on best practices and critical pedagogy related to diversity for faculty.
- Facilitated workshops for students on the graduate school process and academic student success for students of diverse populations for the Student Professional Development Center.
Coordinator, American Studies Program, Elon University, 2010-2011.
Responsibilities included the organization of course offerings, revisions for interdisciplinary minor and advisement of current and prospective students.
- Collected and analyzed data on student participation in minor as compared to peer and aspirant institutions as well as other interdisciplinary minors
- Successfully revised American Studies minor
Director of Undergraduate Studies, American Studies Department, University of Kansas, 2006-2008.
Responsibilities included development and implementation of advising process and administration of undergraduate studies for department.
- Created and administered departmental advising program serving 130 majors
- Successfully revised American Studies major
- Developed student learning outcomes for assessment